The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team and help build a catalog of ISV products. As a business development manager within AWS Marketplace, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our mission to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, purchased, and deployed by AWS customers. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with existing, high-profile ISV partners, and forge new vendor relationships. You will own critical aspects of the Marketplace business, influencing vendors product strategy and delivering software in a new cloud model. You will identify short-term product opportunities and lay the groundwork for longer-term, strategic ISVs added to the AWS Marketplace. The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales background that enables them engage at the CXO/VP level, as well an understanding of the software market and cloud computing. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development programs, while managing a pipeline.
As a Marketplace Business Development Manager you will:
· Manage the partner acquisition and market segmentation
· Identify and develop new vendor partners
· Manage and close a pipeline of business with the channel partners
· Manage all aspects of the client operational relationship, represent AWS with software vendors and work with all relevant cross-functional areas to guarantee effective communication, implementation and execution of objectives
· Execute the sales/business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.)
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS Marketplace
· Work with partner staff at multiple levels in the organization, including business, marketing, and technical, to adapt software for the AWS Marketplace, and develop effective co-marketing programs
· Drive improvements in Amazon’s account management systems and processes and identify opportunities for customer experience improvements
· Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams to develop new campaigns, programs, and GTM initiatives
· Consistently improve partner customer experience by delivering superior customer support, and by relentlessly advocating for them within AWS and in the market as a whole.
· Proven ability to build and maintain high-level vendor relationships (with directors and VP’s)
· Comfort with and demonstrated success in negotiating complex and high-value agreements
· Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
· Ownership orientation; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans
· Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
· Comfort working with a broad range of technological productivity and work-flow management tools including SharePoint, Excel, and Word
· A passion for cloud computing
· Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
· Self-motivation and a strong bias for action; the ability to hit aggressive productivity goals without micromanagement
· Strong communication skills; the ability to partner with internal team members effectively
· Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
· An ability to identify, communicate, and champion process improvement opportunities that will benefit the entire content operations team
· Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· The right person will possess 8-12+ years of sales, channel, business development and/or program management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree required; concentrations in either business or computer science preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
· Deep understanding of ISV ecosystem and software market
· Strong presentation, verbal and written skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
· MBA preferred
· Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing, SOA, web services and enterprise software.
· Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired.
· Experience working with enterprise channel partners/resellers
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon.com - 19 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...