Firmware Engineers develop firmware in a multidisciplinary organization and collaborate with design, and/or hardware engineers in the design, development of Solid State Drives (SSDs). In this role the engineer will work within a firmware team to deliver firmware to meet or exceed product requirements. The team operates within an Agile development process and may define and/or respond to real time need for current or sustaining products. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software and/or firmware development and test process. Develops firmware for products supporting interface standards such as SATA, SAS, and PCIe.
Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 10 years additional experience, or a Master of Science degree with at least eight years additional experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong C, C++ programming experience on embedded RISC microprocessors in windows development environments.
- Knowledge of embedded firmware, real-time operating system (RTOS), and HW/SW interactions.
- Experience in design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C.
- Experience developing unit tests for code quality validation.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Experience architecting and developing production quality software, firmware, drivers and APIs spanning product generations.
- Experience with complex programs and cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Knowledge of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and toolchains.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Industry experience in storage protocols (SATA, SAS, or PCIe).
- Exposure to commercial product development environment.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Experience in data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
Nov 8, 2012
Nov 9, 2013
Employees in Intel's NAND Product Group deliver solutions for the worlds fast growing semiconductor segment, non-volatile memories. They invent, develop and bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions based on NAND flash memory. These products are used in a wide range of applications such as portable music players, Notebooks, digital cameras and many other applications. Our products make peoples lives better by giving them unprecedented access to information, compelling entertainment and improve the PC platform in ways never imagined a few years ago. \n \n This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become one of the leading Non-Volatile memory suppliers in the world and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
Solid State Drives (SSDs) are rocking the industry in Ultrabooks, thin & light devices, and data centers. Intel is recognized as an industry leader in Solid State Drives, delivering high-quality, high performance products that:
Intel's SSD team is looking for their future Rock Star engineers. If you have experience or interest in Solid State Drives, Hard Drive and Memory systems development, System & Board level Hardware & Software, Firmware development, or Validation, then we are looking for you.
- Accelerate performance for gaming enthusiasts
- Amplify productivity in software development environments
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) for IT managers of data/server centers
- Provide solid reliability for small business owners
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for over 45 years...