NuSil is a leading formulator and manufacturer of silicone compounds for healthcare, aerospace, electronics and photonics applications. NuSil develops and delivers standard and customized silicone compounds designed to efficiently in order to meet your unique property requirements. |
NuSil currently has opportunities for Senior Chemists - Silicone or Polymer Specialists to join the Research and Development team that is located in Carpinteria, CA.
R&D Chemist- Silicone or Polymer focuses on the development of silicone ingredients for use in personal care products with an emphasis on skin care applications. Develops skin care product formulations highlighting silicone ingredients, perform stability testing on formulations, tests sensory qualities via rheometer, texture analyzer and sensory panel. Under general supervision will be trained in the science and technology of silicones in order to perform polymerizations and other syntheses, product formulating, operation of lab scale and pilot scale glassware, equipment and machinery, testing, analysis and interpretation of data for characterization and quality control purposes. Responsible for accurate and timely recording of procedures, formulations, testing, data and outcomes in laboratory notebook and or databases to insure quality standards and traceability. Works with Marketing and Sales, senior R&D staff and customer partners to develop and optimize new product formulations. Works with other R&D personnel to train panelists and conduct sensory evaluation panel testing.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Chemistry ,Biochemistry , Organic Chemistry, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering B.S. in Biology with a minor in Chemistry
- Training and certification in Lean Six Sigma and DoE a plus.
- Minimum 3 years full time work experience in an industrial laboratory or manufacturing setting making personal care formulations, skin care emphasis a plus.
- Knowledge of sensory evaluation techniques required.
- Knowledge of GLP/cGMP, TSCA, FDA OTC monograph.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of colleagues, managers and customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work with advanced algebra and statistics.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required, experience with Minitab a plus.