Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in three primary markets: commercial, transportation and sports. Commercial customers include financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers and other retail establishments. Transportation applications include display systems for state and city departments of transportation, mass transit systems, airlines and airports, bus terminals and other transportation agencies. Sports market customers include schools, colleges and universities, professional teams and facilities, sports federations, and international events and organizing committees. Administration is often the initial contact with applicants; customers and vendors with Daktronics. This position will assist Administration and Personnel. Training will be provided as needed.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hrs/week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
1. Provide support for the Learning Portal, tasks include;
1.1. Adding new online courses in the Learning Portal
1.2. Proof-reading and making suggestions for improvement to online presentations
1.3. Scheduling instructor-led courses on the Learning Portal
1.4 Coordinating the Recording Studio schedule with presenters
1.5 Assisting online presenters with the recording process
2. Support new hire training activities, tasks include;
2.1. Scheduling New Hire training
2.2. Interviewing new employees after 30 days to assure their training was successful
2.3. Reporting monthly on the follow-up interviews
3. Support all online training efforts at Daktronics, including audio/ video editing and online course creation
4. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Inspect own work. Quickly learn new tasks. Accurately and consistently complete reoccurring tasks.
5. Communicate effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, and make suggestions for process improvement.
6. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Follow company guidelines and policies.
1. Educational requirements: The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in human resources/sociology, economics, consumer affairs, mass communications, education, graphic design, mathematics, or related degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
2. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
3. Excellent computer skills.
4. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Must regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
5. Communicate effectively with team members, and follow company guidelines and policies.
6. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
7. Background check may be conducted.
8. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 6 months ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...