Our teams produce game-changing ideas and life-changing results. A career at St. Jude Medical puts you on the leading edge of medical technology, working for a company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and its passion for quality. Isn''t this the kind of change you would like in your life?
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We currently have this position open in Sylmar, CA.
The Sr. Linux Engineer will be focused on the development of engineering concepts to increase the Linux platform operational efficiency, reliability, and flexibility while reducing operational costs. Their responsibilities will include the day to day system administration of the company''s mission critical production and pre-production systems. This includes managing all aspects of the service including servers, storage and networking. This individual will be a highly motivated and who can contribute in multiple disciplines across the infrastructure service offering to include being process focused and detail oriented as these are key success factors for this opportunity.To enable his/her success, this role will lead large infrastructure engineering activities on a per solution basis and assist in the establishment of standard based technology stacks designed to reduce cost, increase availability and/or reduce labor. Deliverables will include engineering diagrams, engineering review documents, design reviews, change and release management documents.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Linux systems engineering concepts to meet business requirements and operational goals
• Responsible for the mission critical internet facing Linux Platform management, including troubleshooting, systems maintenance procedures and automation strategies
• Contribute to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives, including investigating Linux based technologies and features, and making specific recommendations for solutions that meet business objectives
• Provide recommendations for the implementation of highly available, tightly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant systems
• Provide analysis and assessment of overall system security and identify major areas of opportunity to improve Linux systems'' security. Work with key stakeholders to establish a vision and security architecture for the future, and establish a prioritized list of projects.
• Monitor capacity and performance of services and recommend solutions
•Work with the development team to ensure applications meet operational requirement and meet SLA goals
• Establish trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
• Research and forecast new technology capabilities and their applicability within the greater organization.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor''s degree in a related area, technical field preferred
• 8+ years'' experience in IT operations and engineering
• Proven technical skill in multiple infrastructure disciplines including networking, storage and platforms
• Experience manageging internet application services in a highly regulated environment
• Proven technical oversight experience with the ability to create innovative solutions and drive to closure, manage timelines/deadlines and foresee opportunities to improve and harmonize business processes across solutions and geographies
• Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and capable of coordinating/aligning resources under an integrated project plan
• Demonstrated ability to lead project initiatives, manage resources and mentor operational personnel
• Experience with HW (Dell/HP/IBM), Load Balancers (F5), Application Servers (WebSphere/JBoss), Identity Management, PKI, Firewalls, Linux/Unix Systems (RedHat), SAN/NAS Storage (EMC/Hitachi), LAN/WAN (Cisco), Virtual and Cloud technologies (VMware)
• Expertise in scripting and automation in at least one language. Perl preferred
• Vendor certifications by Redhat, Cisco, F5 and VMWare a plus
• Security focused certifications a plus
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required to interact with the business and executive management
• Ability to travel up to 10% including international travel
St. Jude Medical - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Our reputation for compassionate care and medical excellence is built on the work of hundreds of committed professionals, like you.