The Department Supervisor is responsible for working with team members on guest services, selling skills and product knowledge. This position is expected to perform a wide variety of activities aimed at driving sales and promoting and managing the training and development of associates in a specific department. The Department Supervisor will serve as the subject matter expert and is responsible for ensuring that all business initiatives are implemented and executed per Company standards.
The Department Supervisor is a full time position and requires full availability including nights and weekends. This position reports directly to the Assistant Store Manager and is expected to coordinate and deliver department training to associates. Department Supervisors will spend the majority of their time (90%) working on the sales floor, devoting approximately 2/3 of that time to selling activities during peak traffic hours.
- Performs daily walk of department
- Promotes store sales and profit goals
- Conduct selling skills training, guest service and product knowledge training for all department associates.
- Trains all associates on merchandising standards
- Exhibit an ownership attitude by promoting partnerships with store management.
- Deliver excellence in guest services, including decision making/problem solving skills for service recovery.
- Conduct training for administrative procedures
- Provide feedback and input to Assistant Manager on development of department initiatives and plans.
- Provide input and assistance to Assistant Manager in motivating, evaluating, coaching and counseling associates.
- Review sales reports
- Implement system to communicate all ROTOs, promotions, MAP activities and special events for each team member
- Execute all safety and loss prevention standards. Responsible for incorporating training programs and business objectives.
- Act as Guest Service Leader
**Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
- Ability to sell and explain features & benefits of all merchandise
- Exceptional leadership, communication & training skills
- Ability to handle/prioritize multiple projects
- Able to identify others' strengths & assign work accordingly
- Passion for guest service
- Product knowledge
- Results ownership
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Toys"R"Us, Inc.!
Williston, VT TRU
244 Retail Way
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...