Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprises services, advanced production print technology and large format solutions. supported by experienced professional service offerings. Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes to improve their business by increasing efficiency, controlling costs and coming more environmentally conscioys. Canon Solutions America is a wholly pwned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A. Inc.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more!
The Sr. Digital Service Engineer provides the highest level of technical support on equipment, systems and connections throughout an assigned area and provides training and second-level support for other technicians. Position is a 7/24-field service environment.
- Supports Printing Systems equipment or works 24 x 7 workload more than 50%.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs company products and systems, on-site. This includes hardware, software and networking products.
- Uses diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics to troubleshoot and resolve equipment and system failures.
- Uses the escalation process to inform Field Engineer, Field Service Manager, Specialist and Headquarters of unresolved issues as well as suggestions to improve equipment performance.
- Manages parts inventory and territory to comply with established operating standards.
- Performs and oversees machine factory modifications and software/operating systems upgrades of equipment to insure optimum performance.
- Establishes and maintains face-to-face customer relations.
- Has understanding of customer's entire workflow and associated print management applications
- Responsible for maintenance and required interface with pre/post equipment and vendors
- Schedules work activity to accommodate customer's working environment and end users SLAs
- Possesses knowledge of industry trends and competitive equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years related field experience as a technician working with business technology such as copier, printer or plotter
Excellent customer service skills
Proven electro-mechanical skills
Effective communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (NT 4.0, 2000, XP)
Ability and willingness to work with various teams
Possesses extensive knowledge of complete product systems, with a general understanding of related software, servers and channel configuration
Has PC literacy and understanding of basic network concepts
Has completed PC+: Hardware and PC+: Operating Systems
Has completed PC+: Networks
Minimum Technical/Trade/Business Certificate is preferred
A+ Certification preferred
N+ Certification preferred
Available to work a flexible schedule when needed for 24 hour, 7 days per week service
Possess valid driver's license
Canon Solutions America is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Canon Solutions America
- 2 years ago - save job
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital...