AECOM has an opening for a Manager, Safety, Health and Environment. This position can be located in Boston, New York or Philadelphia. The Manager is responsible for supporting and managing Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E) activities, performance, and initiatives in AECOM’s Northeast Region.
- Support AECOM’s various business practices in the safe planning and execution of work.
- Assist with hazard assessments and mitigation planning, assessing occupational safety training needs and providing training where needed, supporting compliance with AECOM policy and procedures, OSHA, DOT, EPA and other applicable SH&E regulations, assessing (sub)contractor SH&E performance and qualifications, project SH&E auditing, supporting requests for proposals, providing SH&E oversight, implementing behavioral safety programs, practicing prevention through design and more.
· Engaged in the AECOM’s Americas SH&E program supporting the development of policy and procedure, developing SH&E communications, implementing recognition and reward programs and reporting on AECOM SH&E performance.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including understanding of current business trends.
- May have budgeting responsibilities.
- In some instances, may be responsible for functional area and generally does not have direct reports.
- Bachelors degree related to Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in and/or supporting SH&E performance in the following industries is strongly desired: Construction, Oil & Gas, Energy production and delivery, Water/Waste Water treatment, Chemical/Pharmaceutical manufacturing, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal and state SH&E regulations, as well as required reporting procedures.
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) is strongly desired and if not certified, certification will be a requirement of career development.
- Travel, primarily within AECOM’s Northeast Region, is required and may account for 30-50% of time.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...