Inside Sales / Account Manager
About the Company American Products, Inc. (API)
API is national manufacturer and supplier of storefront and architectural metal products, including aluminum glazing systems such as custom-engineered curtain wall, storefronts, and entrance doors as well as products like handrail, sun protection systems, aluminum panels systems, fixtures and more. We partner with national chain accounts, architects and construction professionals to supply our material nationwide to all of their project locations. Our customers include national chains you will easily recognize like Aeropostale, Footlocker, and many more as well as architects, general contractors and subcontractors. This is a very exciting time for the Company, as we have experienced tremendous growth of our customer base, both new and existing. To support our growth and new business initiatives, we are adding numerous positions to our team. We are also launching a new website very soon, which we welcome you to visit. In the meantime, you can visit our current site noted above.
About the Job
The ideal candidate will have excellent sales skills and will love to sell! They will draw from their prior skill set and sales experience to generate new customers and new sales and increased revenue and profit by through planning, qualifying, closing sales, and constantly targeting growth opportunities.
- Prior history of meeting or exceeding revenue and profit goals with existing and potential accounts via INSIDE sales .
- Close sales by building rapport with potential and existing customers and accounts; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections.
- Expand sales / cross sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services.
- Build incremental sales by contacting and closing leads and target accounts.
- Monitor competitive products and pricing and provide feedback and suggestions based on market conditions.
- Continuously learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism.
- 2+ years experience in telesales, outside sales or account management.
- Wonderful negotiation and closing skills.
- Strong bility to persuade and influence others with a proficiency in problem solving.
- Great bility to work well in a team environment.
- Very pleasant telephone voice/manner, clear speaking voice, good command of the English language, good listening skills.
- Computer literacy, including Office Excel, Word & CRM.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Experience with construction products a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints a definite plus.
- An interest in construction, retail stores, etc. a plus.
- Great working environment.
- Competitive base salary plus commission .
- Monthly uncapped commission potential.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Casual dress work environment.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
- Reference Letters
JobHost - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard