Client Services Manager
General Dynamics - IT - Washington, DC

This job posting is no longer available on General Dynamics - IT. Find similar jobs: Client Service Manager jobs - General Dynamics jobs

As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.

Manages the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.

1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems help desk.

2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.

3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.

4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.

5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.

6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.

7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.

8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.

9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.

10. Participates in special projects as required.

11. Managing an enterprise-wide service desk with requirements similar to the TOR, including implementation of ITIL best practices

12. Managing staff with skills applicable to a Help Desk environment similar in size and scope as referenced in this TOR

13. Managing a 24x7x365 enterprise-wide service desk

14. Improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions

15. Implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service desk

16. Utilizing Help Desk technologies and processes as defined in the TOR and as proposed by the contractor

17. Providing performance-based customer service support against multiple performance metrics in the Federal Government

18. Implementating and customizing service desk tools

19. Proficiency in client services related analysis and project planning

Advanced proficiency with interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in a Federal client services environment

Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.

8-10 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including supervisory experience.

The responsibilities also include and require experience in managing teams that support desktops.

Additional information on the scale of support:
  • Utilization of FrontRange ITSM Incident and Problem Management tools to provide core service desk functionality.
  • Approximately 1311 desktop systems, 99 percent of which are Intel-based systems running Microsoft's Windows XP. The remaining 1 percent is Apple Macintosh systems.
  • Approximately 574 laptops, of which 99 percent are Intel-based systems running Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. The remaining 2 percent are Apple Macintosh systems.
  • Remote-access computing is supplied mainly through VPN requiring RSA Secure ID authentication
  • Approximately 398 BlackBerries
  • Approximately 17 print servers, 542 local desktop printers, and 229 network printers
  • Required Hours of Operation: 7AM to 9PM EST, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays, 52 Weeks a Year
  • On-Call Personnel shall be available at all other times with standby support specifically provided on weekends and Federal holidays from 10AM to 5PM EST, 52 Weeks a Year
  • Service Desk will provide support to anything relating to business applications, servers, middleware and full HSPD-12/PIV card/Logical Access Control (LAC).
Additional Information

Relocation
No

Security Clearance Level
Confidential

Security Clearance Basis
None

Security Clearance Polygraph
None

Job ID Number
207677

Job Function
Information Technology

Potential for Deployment
No

Take Action