Here at Cosi, opportunities for learning and growth are endless. We emphasize a culture focused on food and customer service with a keen interest in satisfying the needs of discerning customers in new and exciting ways. |
Within Cosi IT, that customer focus expands to include stores, franchisees, employee and all of our business partners. Youll be part of an innovative, growing organization focused on preparing Cosi for the future. We strive to deliver best-in-class service priced right as we transform the way Cosi works. Its all about being proactive, engaged and collaborative.
The primary and initial assignment will focus on POS programming and support. With success in that assignment, the responsibilities of the role will evolve to include Applications, Development and Governance including business alignment, vendor oversight and IT strategy and planning. Assignments in these three areas will vary depending on needs, priorities and timing.
For Applications, this position will be responsible for ensuring the health of Cosis suite of IT applications that support Store Operations and HQ systems. This includes consulting with business clients to identify needs, document requirements, research and propose potential solutions. It also includes actively monitoring and resolving application issues as well as streamlining business processes.
This position will have the responsibility to lead development and implementation projects. Leveraging solid project management skills, this person will be responsible for the entire SDLC including planning, facilitating project meetings, resolving project issues and driving initiatives to completion on time and on budget.
With respect to Governance, the position will assist with IT strategy, application architecture, data modeling and overall IT process management, ensuring that all solutions align with Cosi ITs architectural vision.
Areas of Primary Focus: Point of Sales Systems for the Quick-Serve Restaurant (QSR) industry, specifically NCR/Radiant Aloha, and supporting store operations solutions: Crunchtime! NetChef, Aloha Insight. Familiarity with Customer Loyalty Programs is beneficial.
- Perform POS programming and support for existing menu, menu changes including LTOs and promotions
- Provide internal consulting services as a subject matter expert on POS and BOH products, and additional corporate systems
- Manage internal client relationships – assisting with inquiries and issues, problem solving, escalation, and prioritization
- Review functional requirements to determine fit and assist in developing requirements specifications
- Develop, maintain and document application configurations and drive standardization
- Coordinate the testing and implementation of new store system solutions
- Provide input regarding POS and BOH enhancements and determine systems and operations impact
- Demonstrate restaurant technology solutions within and outside the IT Department
- Assist with the development, delivery and evaluation of training material
- Maintain current knowledge and continuously review costs of software, hardware and equipment to minimize expenditures and to ensure strategy alignment
- Understand application landscape including software solutions, data model and integration
- Communicate as well as publish project management reports, functionality specifications, asset inventories status/accomplishments report, procedures, and activity checklists.
- Propose opportunities to streamline and improve the effectiveness of the IT organization and all business functions/processes at Cosi
- Stay abreast of new technology developments as they relate to the companys operations.
- Be on-call, work irregular hours, and travel (max 15%) as required.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent/relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience or training in quick-service restaurant or hospitality operations with an emphasis on POS and BOH systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills from conception to evaluation, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to deadline.
- Strong Client Management competency with solid relationship building skills
- Experience providing oversight for third party vendors and consultants that ensures results
- Articulate and professional in communication and presentation style - excellent interpersonal skills; telephone etiquette; strong verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Strong orientation to Process Management and Service Management
- Disciplined in source code and change management
- Preferred experience with Aloha POS 6.7.24, CDM, Configuration Manager, Command Center
- Strong MS Office suite expertise (e.g. Excel pivot tables, style sheets) and Visio
- Advanced SQL skills (Microsoft SQL required – Oracle beneficial)
- Ability to analyze situations/problems and formulate flexible strategies and action plans that achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and support systems in a rapidly growing company
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and alert management to potential areas of liability
- Demonstrated ability to make complicated and technical concepts clear to end-users of all levels
- Ability to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge of technology systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the understanding of and concern for clients needs
- Demonstrated self-starter with a strong attention to detail and penchant for being organized
- Ability to take technical direction, adhere to established standards and techniques, and prioritize task
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago