1. Co-work with cross functional team that may consist of multiple core members that span the departments within plant Engineering, EHS, Production, Finance etc.
2. Implement the project plan throughout the project life.
3. To lead and execute project team meeting schedules and objectives in line with all of the above. Including a kick off meeting at project initiation.
4. Accountable to project timelines and budgets and is single point of contact for project updates. Periodically deliver project reports to project stakeholders demonstrating execution and accurate updates of Milestones, Budgets, Timeline, Issues and Mitigation Plans.
5. Ensures internal and external regulation are properly followed during project execution. Liaison with MPM Corporate safety, health and environmental professionals.
6. Leads and coaches manufacturing team on commissioning and start-up activity after mechanical completion.
7. Ensures documentation for Projects is up to date and easily accessible.
8. Maintaining links with MPM Regional manufacturing and engineering experts. Adopts best practice and world manufacturing class system during project design stage.
9. Maintain and develop engineering capabilities (design, scale-up, equipment selection, control and instrumentation, process safety, etc).
10. Partner with Global Operations for manufacturing activities and improvement.
- Chemical Engineering degree with 5+ years experience in the chemical manufacturing industries with international experience; Fine chemicals or specialty chemical industries preferred
- Experience in the production of hazardous complex molecules in multiple chemical steps
- Motivated, self-starter that can execute with minimal direction
- Strong in oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the regulations involved in the manufacture
- Experienced in negotiations with Engineering and construction company.
- Fluent in English with ability to speak Chinese.
- Strong financial understanding and ability to complete routine cost / benefit analysis
- Strong experience in project management
- Strong in engineering design, and ability to scale up for commercial plant from pilot based technology
- Strong in Health, Safety and Environment management system