Are you interested in implementing OpenStack (OS) based external class-of-service cloud platform for eBay worldwide developers?
eBay technology operations team is seeking a passionate intern to learn and contribute to this exciting emerging technology. This position is based in eBay San Jose North campus.
You will work with product designers, developers and infrastructure engineers to implement the next-gen cloud platform. You will also be responsible to identify and address performance issues and code bugs.
The highly motivated individual needs to be an independent and initiative seeking.
Designing, administering, monitoring and troubleshooting of systems for supporting large scale production and development activities, architectural proofs-of-concept (POCs) and pilots for new site designs.
Participating as a key contributor on cross-functional projects (including: configuring systems, installing software, analyzing system designs & performance bottlenecks, providing guidance in technical meetings, researching architectural issues, providing status updates and attending project meetings).
Developing tools for monitoring Unix/Windows systems and automating common tasks.
Troubleshooting issues related to production systems.
- Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS/Solaris/Windows deployment automation and package management
- Proficiency with common System administration tools
- Working expertise with one or more scripting language (Unix shell, Python, Java, Php, Perl) and version control such as Git.
- End-user and configuration experience with Network Management and Enterprise Monitoring tools, especially within a network operations center environment
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Cfengine is desirable
- Experience building tools to interface with SOAP/REST APIs considered a plus
- Basic knowledge of common applications and technologies in Internet computing (web servers, proxies, load balancers, etc)
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of a multi-tiered and distributed web site
- Exhibit procedural and architectural documentation skills
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers, customers and management
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent