Under supervision, is responsible for the scheduling, registration and verification of all patients into the hospital in a courteous and professional manner. Interview and gather complete and accurate data on all patient services in order to complete the appointment, registration, and verification process accurately, efficiently, and expeditiously. Collect appropriate moneys and escort the patient to their destination. Obtain appropriate signatures, notify patients of hospital regulations, policies and services. Follow SJHS confidentiality policy.
All applicants must have 1-3 years experience with Patient Registration, or related experience in an acute care facility.
High School Diploma or GED.
Strong customer service skills, organization skills and conflict resolution a must.
May occasionally float to another registration site.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Medical Terminology
2. Keyboarding Skills
3. ICD-9 Coding
4. Strong Interpersonal Skills
5. Must possess the mathematical skills necessary to balance large amounts of cash.
6. Must be able to operate copy machine, computer terminal and to transport patients via wheelchair.
7. Must be able to deal effectively with patients, physicians, and other employees.
8. Must be able to read and write to understand oral and written instructions.
9. Speech and hearing are necessary when communicating with staff, patients, and physicians.
St John Health - 13 months ago