The position exists to manage clinical outcomes, cost, and customer satisfaction in the daily care assignment and in the operations of the unit. The incumbent assures care for patients and families reflective of the organization values. This position coordinates the nursing and interdisciplinary team for daily patient care assignments. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current state of Indiana license as Registered Nurse.
- Basic Life Support certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelor?s of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- New ASN RNs hired after January 1, 2013 will be required to complete their BSN within five (5) years from date of hire into this job.
- Requires that the RN has graduated from a nursing program accredited through the NLN or CCNE.
- Requires ability to provide clinical reasoning; decision-making and clinical thinking.
- Requires ability to promote compassion and a therapeutic environment.
- Requires ability to provide multiple forms of communication (presence; touch; eye contact; etc . ) Requires ability to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity at many levels.
- Requires ability to provide high level of patient confidentiality.
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills at the staff; patient and family levels.
- Requires ability to actively seek educational opportunities to improve clinical practice.
- Requires ability to maintain quality-working relationship with peers.
- Requires ability to react appropriately in any environmental or situation.
- Requires knowledge in every nursing discipline and the ability to care for all patients in all age groups (newborn through adolescent).
- Requires ability to quickly and efficiently assess multiple patients and establish priorities of care.
- Requires knowledge in providing treatment for hazardous materials exposure and patient decontamination.
- Requires knowledge in activation and implementation of hospital and community disaster plans.
- Requires knowledge of legal implications related to emergency care; i . e . ; child abuse; domestic violence; forensics; confidentiality; patient transfers; refusal of treatment/leaving against medical advice.
- Requires the ability to function in high stress situations and adapt to unexpected increases in workload.
- Requires ability to implement and assist with research activities/ protocols as assigned.
- Requests excellent public relations and customer service techniques.