Provides accounting support for assigned departments as well as assists in month-end closings and budget preparation. Participates in product offering and line extension project teams.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
- Provides accounting support for assigned departments.
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget process for assigned departments.
- Leads monthly Budget Reviews with departmental managers.
- Leads monthly spending reviews with departments and anticipates future spending.
- Provides detailed analysis for departmental spending at the request of management.
- Performs Month End duties necessary for closing the books.
- Provides detailed explanations and analyses on departmental spending.
- Books necessary Journal Entries/Accruals.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Provides support for the general accounting process.
- Administration of and compliance to corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Participates in assigned Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts.
- Assist in coordination of year-end closing for Annual Report, 10-k, and Tax Package.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills, MS Excel, MS Word, Access, and JD Edwards.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work overtime as required
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focused, telephone courtesy, and professionalism.
- Basic understanding of Sarbanes Oxley 404 impact to financial transactions, processes and reporting
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong analytical skills
Bachelor of Accounting degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
Three (3) years related accounting experience and/or training.
JD Edwards experience is preferred.
Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C. R. Bard - 2 years ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...