Physical Therapist Assistant-In Patient-Contingent-Wyandotte
Requisition # 63369 Status Contingent
Business Unit HF Wyandotte Shift Days
Department PHYSICAL THERAPY INPATIENT Weekends Yes
Job Family Rehabilitation Therapy Job Function Allied
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital Location (State/City) US-MI-Wyandotte
More information about this position
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a opportunity/career for you!
Henry Ford Health System is the proud recipient of the 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Performance Excellence and Innovation!
- Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education.
- Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan.
- Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community.
- Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000.
- Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital was established in 1926. This 401- bed acute care hospital serves the Downriver region and surrounding communities of southeast Michigan.
- The main Wyandotte campus features a surgery department with 11 operating suites, two endoscopic suites and a robotic surgical system: a 12 bed ICU and 35 bed IMC Unit: a 25 bed birthing center , an emergency department with pediatric specialty care: general medicine and surgical care, ancillary testing, impatient physical medicine and rehabilitation services: adult mental health services: neurosurgical services: and physician offices.
- More than 700 primary care physicians and specialists with offices throughout the region are affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and support from 2,500 Wyandotte staff.
- For more than 90 years Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital has served the Downriver community and surrounding area with a commitment to charity giving, outreach and building stronger, healthier individuals and families.
- Henry Ford Health Center- Browntstown facility offers a 24 -hour ER and variety of clinical needs, including laboratory and radiology services . It also offers same day surgeries, a sleep studies center, and physician offices for allergy, dermatology, pediatrics and other specialties.
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital has a real impact on the Downriver region and surrounding communities of southeast Michigan. Each year the Hospital :
- Admits 20,000 patients
- Delivers 1,700 plus babies
- Treats 71,000 ER visits
- Performs 20, 000 plus surgeries
- To improve human life through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing.
HFWH is looking for a contingent physical therapist assistant to provide high quality services to patients in a hospital setting. HFWH has 400 beds with medical, surgical, observation, cardiac and intensive care units. It also has a very reputable 38-bed rehab unit. Our PT staff provides services to primarily adult and geriatric patients on all of these units. The work schedule is at least one weekend each month with opportunities to work more days/hours if so desired. Candidate must have a state of Michigan license. Preference will be given to someone with experience in a hospital setting.
Minmum and Preferred Education
Minmum and Preferred Experience
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate's degree acquired from a Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accredited program
- Current State of Michigan licensure (or license within 90 days of hire)
- Current CPR certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- Experience in patient hospital setting; preferably on an inpatient rehab unit
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 17 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...