To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred.
- Two to three years direct sales and sales management experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, telephone, and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to perform outside direct sales.
- Good understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to cultivate customer relations and work with associates of various levels and backgrounds.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently with little guidance.
- Effective negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
- Prompt and regular attendance
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Associates are required to comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional attitude and appearance standards.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Current and valid drivers license.
- Over-night travel as necessary.
- Adhere to requirements, policies, and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook and/or other property documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
Responsible for overall account management, business generation, and sales prospecting for hotel property. Makes cold calls, manages existing and new client relationships, maximizing revenue management, and working with all hotel departments to deliver a positive experience for the guests. Manage sales department and department associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Prepare annual revenue budget, annual marketing plan, and quarterly sales strategy reports with General Manager.
- Direct the sales efforts of the hotel as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Develop and manage the sales budget; review regularly with General Manager.
- General top-line revenue to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Cultivate and source leads through cold calls, telemarketing, direct sales, and networking.
- Compile competitive intelligence and reports.
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, and the local community.
- Maintain current and accurate Sales files including ACT.
- Submit weekly sales reports to corporate office.
- Review period end reports.
- Create and produce quarterly sales plans.
- Review and utilize Franchise Source sales tools.
- Work closely with General Manager and Front Desk on Revenue Management.
- Conduct regular conference calls with Revenue Manager.
- Meet corporate deadlines.
- Communicate with front desk regarding group businesses, negotiated accounts, etc.
- Conduct regular Site Tours.
- Attend community relations meetings.
- Possess and utilize excellent time management skills.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Proper administration of key control.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.