ECS is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to work in our Washington, DC office.
Job Responsibilities and Description:
- Provide multiple major roles within the Help Desk Team.
- Responsible for providing technical support and guidance for software and/or hardware related issues that are minor to moderate in scope.
- Responsible for assisting with client interface issues, which includes troubleshooting, testing, client support activities, communication and coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve hardware, software and peripherals Tier II technical problems and answers queries by telephone, emails, or walk-in support of customer computer hardware, software, and network systems.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Determine if a problem is recurring or patterns exist; alert management on recurring or pattern problems.
- Provide support, as directed by the Senior Tier II Technical Support Specialist, to resolve Tier I technical problems.
- Coordinate with application developers on technical problems in their area of responsibility.
- HS Diploma and 2 years of experience.
- At least 1 year of working experience in Windows XP and Windows 200(x) in a help desk management role.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, McAfee, Aldus PageMaker, Informs and TN3270.
- Ability to learn other applications quickly.
- Experience in problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems.
- Experience referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
ECS, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS, Inc. embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Knowledge of I-Pads and Macintosh computers.
Electronic Consulting Services - 2 years ago