Myriad Genetics is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator who possesses a strong level of experience and technical skill in a wide range of technologies. The candidate must also demonstrate excellent customer service and initiative to ensure business needs are understood and met.
- Perform design, implementation, and administration of hardware and software systems including, but not limited to:
- Hitachi (HDS) SAN (VSP) & Brocade Directors
- NetApp Filers
- ISCSI, NFS, and Fiber based storage
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6
- Solaris x86
- Dell server hardware
- VMware ESX Infrastructure
- Web/Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
- Backup/recovery systems (NetBackup Enterprise)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti)
- Enhancing documentation of environments
- Automate applicable processes using scripting skills (shell, perl)
- Contribute to on-call rotation for 24x7 support
- Participate in scheduled off hours monthly maintenance activities
- Resolve ticket requests from the business units and end users in a customer focused and timely manner
- User account administration
- Train users and cross-train IT staff as needed
- Ensure system backups are executed regularly and efficiently
- Ensure system security through use of tools and standard processes
- Work with vendors and service providers as needed to resolve issues and ensure best practices are followed
Minimum Requirements to be considered for the position:
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work in Unix or Linux server administration, preferably in a medium to large enterprise.
- 3+ years of SAN administration
- Backup system administration, preferably NetBackup Enterprise
- Perl and/or shell scripting skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of NFS, NIS, LDAP, and DNS
- Experience with Web/Application Server administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Continuous improvement attitude and proactive mentality to anticipate and plan for future needs and opportunities
- High standard of customer service, quality, and attention to detail
- Ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking, and initiative to solve business problems
- Ability to excel in high pressure multitasking situations
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment as well as work independently while following documented processes and procedures
- Desire to share knowledge amongst the team through documentation and cross-training
- Strong oral and written English language skills, including experience creating written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. A consistent emphasis on enhancing documentation of environments and processes.
- Experience with successfully managing systems through all phases of the system lifecycle
- Experience creating and documenting new systems, processes, and procedures
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and systems
PREFERRED TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technologies listed in “Duties” section above
- NetBackup Enterprise
- ESX and VMware experience
- NetApp Filer experience
- Hitachi SAN Array experience
- Brocade SAN Director experience
- Tomcat administration experience
- Oracle RAC Experience
- Dell hardware
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient’s lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products which assess a person’s risk of developing disease and guide treatment decisions and assess risk of disease progression and recurrence. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs.
With fiscal year 2012 annual revenue of approximately $500 million and over 1,200 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including new test introductions, companion diagnostics, and international expansion, to take advantage of significant growth opportunities. For more information on Myriad, please visit the Company’s website at: www.myriad.com
Myriad Genetics is an EEO / AAP employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or Veteran status.
At Myriad, we affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected classification. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.
Disability Accommodation for Employment Applicants
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please include a description of your requested accommodation, your name and contact information. Myriad will make every effort to respond to your request within two (2) business days.
Note: This email address is not for general employment inquiries. Myriad may not respond to inquiries that are not related to accessibility of the on-line application system by individuals with disabilities.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. - 11 months ago