The System Administration team is responsible for managing the hardware, operating systems and core services on tens of thousands of systems in the all environment. The position requires an individual with the ability to self-guide through projects, and to provide technical guidance and support as a part of the Production Engineering team. This role will be located in Bentonville, AR.
The Unix System Administrator 's role is to operate and tune Unix / Linux systems, servers, and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Unix System Administrator also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Unix / Linux system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Remote administration and deployment of servers
- Performance monitoring and analysis
- Documentation related to deployment, management and administrative processes
- Management of multiple tasks in various environments
- Managing and/or providing guidance to junior members of the team
- Standard configuration, management, and maintenance tasks for related file systems, input / output systems, networking, clustering, storage, and applications
- System configuration backups and restores to ensure system recovery from error or outage
- Providing low risk change / request management activities
- Independently auditing and monitoring systems to proactively identify potential issues
- Coordinating hardware replacements
- Working knowledge of a some of the following technologies: openldap, NFS, NTP, DNS, Postfix / Sendmail, Kickstart, Jumpstart, DHCP, Yum, clustering (Sun and/or Redhat), server virtualization (Xen, VMware, Solaris containers)
- 5+ years maintaining and supporting Linux and UNIX
- Experience maintaining and supporting AIX / HPUX and Solaris
- Experience working with centralized management tools managing thousands of systems
- Performance tuning
- PXE / Kickstart, JumpStart
- Perl and shell scripting
- Experience working remotely with systems
- Experience creating and maintaining operational documentation
- IP networking knowledge
CompuCom - 8 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...