American Progress has an immediate opening for a Special Assistant for the Faith and Progressive Policy Initiative. The Special Assistant is an essential member of the team; he or she is responsible for managing collaborations with American Progress policy teams and external groups, doing research, and managing systems that strengthen our work. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a creative, well-organized, and self-motivated person who is knowledgeable about religion and public life and committed to working for social justice.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Conduct research and provide editing for reports and projects.
- Write short analytic and rapid-response pieces for our website.
- Monitor news on selected issues.
- Organize meetings and public events and manage related details.
- Serve as intern coordinator by reviewing applications and interviewing and hiring interns.
- Serve as liaison to other policy teams, departments, and organizations.
- Provide staff support to team, including arranging travel and accommodations and processing and filing forms. Provide other administrative support to assist with the management of the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please include a writing sample with your application.
- Excellent research, writing, and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, take initiative, and organize in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with policy and cultural issues relevant to our policy teams.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and occasionally work long hours.
- Commitment to American Progress’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of religion, politics, and public life.
- Experience working for a nonprofit advocacy organization.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.