Innovative solutions for a secure future – that has been our aim and motivation since 1852. With over 10,000 employees in 32 countries, we are an international family-owned company that is open to the world. As a global market leader and pioneer in banknote production and processing, we enjoy the trust of over 80 countries. People all over the world use our mobile security solutions to make payments and telephone calls, while our ID systems ensure reliable identification around the globe.
As a leader in securing credentials, Giesecke & Devrient is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our growing team in Twinsburg, OH. We are an established organization with a strong global presence and excellent reputation as one of the leaders in our industry.
Candidate will be responsible for synchronizing the supply of materials with the demand of the company's production areas, specifically covers procurement, shipping/receiving, warehouse management and inventory control throughout the facility. Handles the planning and development of processes that reduce or eliminate waste in the supply chain, and uses all the logistics tools and software systems at their disposal to ensure a cost-effective method for moving products around the world.
Other tasks include conforming to contract pricing, setting up external material planning/delivery schedules, managing personnel in procurement of materials and services and planning storage requirements. Responsible for maintaining local GDAI procurement vendor relationships and manages the Shipping and Distribution (Import/Export) departments that serve all departments within the facility.
Uses quantitative and analytical approaches to develop KPIs to calculate and improve the supply chain process. Pro-actively analyzes operational metrics, making and driving process improvements within supply chain, and sourcing. Should be familiar with repetitive and un-repetitive (job shop) production planning theories in order to perform the job effectively.
Responsibilities also include the accomplishment of division’s operations goals and initiatives within the business unit; champions efforts to reduce material costs (working capital) year over year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Define and recommend operational objectives for Logistics function. Develop specific short term and long range plans and programs including supporting budget requests and cost estimates.
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management infrastructure. Maintains inventory control systems to track purchase orders, inventory, requirements and locations. Focus on collaboration with suppliers, vendors, shipping/receiving, and customer service as well as other departments.
- Manage the development of warehouse strategies. Develop and manage the space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and service standards. Manage third party partners and other external warehouse space and operations as required. Manage raw material and finished product inventories, including cycle counting, physical inventories, and inventory planning.
- Plan and schedule all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned and damaged goods, and ensuring customer requirements are met in an efficient manner. Plan, organize, and manage transportation including truck, air, and marine transport.
- Actively participate in the sourcing, selection, and negotiation of contracts with local transportation providers. Manage carrier performance. Understand and comply with customs compliance when overseeing import and export activities. Track shipments.
- Maintain and improve purchasing policies and procedures to facilitate the most economical and expeditious method of procuring materials. Analyze and review buyer sourcing decisions and support major negotiations to reach defined objectives. Develop and leverage Purchasing Dashboard to monitor business levels and to quantify annual cost savings.
- Manage to preparation of specifications for purchases regarding quality, quantity, delivery and service required for procurement of supplies and materials to meet production schedules. Insure prompt receipt of needed materials and supplies and delivery of completed products to customers.
- Manage the maintenance of adequate inventory controls and levels to conform with budgets and forecasts, in concert with the Production Control Manager. Manage raw material and finished product inventories, including cycle counting, physical inventories, and inventory planning. Ensure proper inspection of inbound materials prior to receipt.
- Utilize ERP data to create an internal material purchasing metrics that outline lead times, minimum order quantities, pricing, etc. for specialty materials. This document will be used for monthly sales and operational planning.
- Communicate with other departments regarding process improvement ideas and improved procurement practices.
- Provide for adequate staffing of Logistics organization, professional management and proper training of staff personnel. Communicate policies to subordinates and provide general direction in organization, controls and procedures to carry out policies. Create objectives, coach and evaluate subordinates.
- Direct and counsel subordinate managers and employees in regard to job performance and company expectations.
- Recommend promotions and/or compensation changes for subordinate managers and conduct scheduled annual performance reviews. Review, approve, reject or modify compensation changes proposed by subordinate managers.
- Coordinate assigned functions with and advise engineering, quality assurance and sales of procurement department considerations.
- Monitor KPI’s as prescribed by management, then identify potential areas of concern and take corrective action as necessary. Insure that effective preventive maintenance, housekeeping, safety, training and inventory control programs are operating in line with Corporate policies, including aging/obsolescence of material.
- Perform statistical analysis to maximize purchasing opportunities.
- Keep abreast of the latest managerial, manufacturing and Supply chain management techniques by reading and attending seminars and conferences. Serve on various committees. Visit customer and supplier plants as required.
- Prepare, maintain and submit all necessary reports, summaries, analysis, plans and objectives as required. Adhere to and enforce all company policies, objectives, rules and procedures. Perform other managerial functions, as necessary, for the most effective and efficient operation of the Logistics Department.
- Position will support the requirements of business in conjunction with regional and/or corporate requirements.
- PC Experience: Working knowledge of: spreadsheet programs, e.g. Lotus 123, Excel, Works, etc.; word processing programs, e.g. Word, WordPerfect, Works; telecommunications programs; MRP /ERP systems ( i.e. SAP, Syteline a plus).
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.
- Minimum 6+ years total industry experience, with five or more years of supply chain experience and three or more years of distribution or logistics management.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, engineering, or business preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Lean or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate with multiple levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Effective analytical ability with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain management.
- Experience with import/export control.
- Experience in managing supplier relationships, supplier managed inventory, manufacturing inventory.
- Experience with planning and managing multiples modes of transportation.
- Experience managing customs compliance and distribution teams.
- ERP system experience, particularly with warehouse and distribution systems.
- Above average level skills with MS Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification preferred
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and the skills listed above, and a passion to drive change and deliver results, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us . Giesecke & Devrient America offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Join us in shaping the future.
- Certification in Transportation and Logistics (CTL)
- Certified Master Logistician (CML)
- Certified Professional Logistician (CPL)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. - 19 months ago
Giesecke & Devrient is a worldwide leader in Mobile Security solutions, providing smart cards and associated software and server...