The Driver I is responsible for providing transportation services in accordance with current applicable OPRS standards, guidelines and regulations and as directed by the Transportation Coordinator to assure that the highest degree of services are maintained at all times.
Essential Activities & Tasks
- Provides efficient, safe transportation services to individuals and groups. Drives vehicles safely according to schedule
- Maintains a clean vehicle. Checks inside of vehicle regularly. Picks ups trash and sweeps as needed. Takes vehicle to car wash and cleans outside of vehicle as assigned.
- Observes safety and security procedures while transporting clients and reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor.
Asset & Materials Management
- Maintains a safe vehicle. Performs vehicle inspections as directed.
- Reports repair or service needs to supervisor. Immediately notifies supervisor of unsafe conditions that would cause the vehicle to be removed from service until repaired.
- Greets and assists clients in and out of the vehicles as needed. Is courteous to all clients.
- Maintains professional integrity in dress, language, interaction with others.
- Handles difficult situations in a compassionate and professional manner that builds trust and confidence.
Administration and Reporting
- Completes logs, time sheets, and other documentation accurately and submits forms to supervisor daily.
- Notifies the Transportation Coordinator / Supervisor of any changes/cancellations in the daily transportation schedule.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Experience as a driver transporting people.
- Experience in managing projects or services which require coordination, maintenance of records and organization skills and/or;
- Experience working with older adults.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable and meet OPRS' carrier underwriting standards.
Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services - 18 months ago