As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies; Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
1. Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive scientific activities of the organization.
2. Acts as primary technical liaison with customers and sponsors, to include the preparation and presentation of high-level technical information.
3. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach for projects and organizes means to achieve the solution of problems.
4. Plans and executes laboratory research and/or the development and/or evaluation of advanced physics or first-principles engineering models.
5. Establishes and defines the theoretical bases and principles which should apply and the empirical test procedures to be used.
6. Conducts complex investigations or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible applications of results.
7. Interprets and evaluates test data and results of investigations and develops recommendations.
8. Recommends necessary corrections in technical analyses and design to ensure successful project completion.
9. Specifies equipment, materials and suppliers required for completion and implementation of projects.
10. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide or build required services, supplies, or equipment.
11. Supervises assigned staff.
12. Serves as technical team or task leader.
13. Demonstrates creative ability through patent disclosures, problem solving, scientific reports or technical papers and articles.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Masters Degree in a scientific discipline.
2. Doctorate Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
Criterion A: A minimum of ten (10) years experience programming in C for Linux at a system-level, to include packaging of software using one or more of the following: tarballs; RPMs (RedHat Package Manager); .deb files; or the Gentoo system; and extensive Linux operations (e.g. development of complex additions to the Linux kernel, Linux device drivers, patches acceptable to a mainline Linux kernel, reconfiguring / recompiling Linux kernels, packaging of kernel modifications, and creation of Linux Live CDs).
Criterion B: Demonstrated experience with revision control systems (e.g. Git and / or Subversion).
Criterion C: Demonstrated experience using "build systems" (e.g. make, Autoconf, Automake).
Criterion D: Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: Python, Perl (Practical Extraction and Report Language), Bash shell-scripting (e.g. sed, AWK, Haskell, go).
Criterion E: Demonstrated experience maintaining a small network of test systems (<25 nodes) running various versions of the Linux kernel across a variety of Linux distributions.
Technologies include: C, JAVA, Linux operating system, XML, HTML, PKI, smart cards, SAML, penetration testing, risk assessments, networking, networking protocols, Web services, app servers, and databases.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...