The Customer Service Specialist Senior in our Automatic Bank Check (ABC) transactions unit sets up regular bank drafts from customer’s checking or savings accounts to pay their insurance premium payments. This position is located in our home office in the Brentwood area of Nashville off I-65 and Old Hickory Blvd. East.
1. Process routine to complex ABC transactions (bank draft or electronic funds transfer) for initial premium payment utilizing SWB, CSS, NOVA, AGNIS and VFlex.
2. Research and analyze inquiries from the Local Office or account holder regarding ABC transactions. Handle correspondence and telephone calls. Resolve customer or Local Office concerns.
3. Research transactions. Contact Local Office or customer to obtain missing or verify unclear information.
4. Receive requests from accountholders for refund of premiums and/or bank service fees. Research ABC history, analyze bank statements, and handle refunds to the accountholder.
5. Process all ABC requests on policies with face amounts of $500,000 or greater.
1. College degree in relevant field OR High School graduate (or equivalent) and two to four years related experience.
2. Good understanding of suspense processing and/or banking transactions.
3. Good attention to detail. Excellent research and analytical ability. Will be required to perform routine analysis of information related to job tasks.
4. Ability to use good judgment and discretion in making decisions that may involve non-routine situations.
5. Good PC skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word helpful.
6. Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Communicating with other financial institutions is required.
7. Above average interpersonal skills and work ethic. Must have high energy, self-motivation, and the initiative to “go the extra mile” for customers.
Service. Commitment. People. Products. These are the reasons people choose to do business with American General Life Companies. And the reasons why we are the right choice for your career. At American General Life Companies, we have been keeping promises to American families and businesses for more than 150 years. Our insurers offer a broad spectrum of fixed and variable life insurance, annuities and accident and health products to serve the financial and estate planning needs of customers throughout the United States. American General Life Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
American International Group - 3 years ago