AVX, a recognized Fortune 1000 manufacturing company, is a leader in the global passive electronic component and interconnect products industry at the forefront of technology, design, manufacturing and supply. AVX enjoys significant competitive advantages including the benefit of global manufacturing and distribution provided by 20 manufacturing facilities in 12 countries.
*Opportunity Now Available For a:
Computer Programmer / Electrical Engineer*
This position, based in Biddeford Maine, will develop and support in-house automation, process, and test / measurement systems within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Our ideal software engineer will be results-oriented, and capable of scheduling and completing assignments with a minimum of supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate custom and off-the-shelf software, hardware, automation, and test & measurement equipment.
- Enhance existing in-house software to include additional capabilities and improve GUI usability.
- Interact with other departments to continuously increase product yield, improve tool reliability, and reduce costs.
- Recommend corrective actions, processes, and equipment improvements.
- 3 - 5+ years experience.
- BS in related field.
- Experience with Microsoft.NET using Visual Studio and VB.NET.
- Skilled problem solver, able to systematically diagnose complex system issues.
- Experience with LabVIEW a plus.
- Able to understand AC/DC schematics, wiring, and interconnects.
We offer Medical, dental, Vision, 401K, STD, LTD, Vacation, and 10 holidays.
Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineer, Software Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
AVX is an Equal Opportunity Employer