External Job Title:
Lead, Maintenance Mechanic
Area of Interest:
Facilities / Maintenance
Full-time or Part-Time/Internship:
Full time 40 hours/wk
Coordinate and expedite flow of materials, parts and supplies between sections or departments by performing the following duties. Under Supervision, incumbents serve as work leaders responsible for exercising the day-to-day coordination of the maintenance mechanic, maintenance tech, and on occasion, additional responsibilities in the absence of the Maintenance Manager or supervisor. This position performs the same work as the maintenance mechanic as well as performing the lead duties as described. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assigns, coordinate and schedules the daily work in the maintenance dept.
- Performs necessary coordination and re-adjustments to work schedules, work assignments and assures availability of necessary materials and equipment to complete assignments.
- Provide guidance, technical support and training.
- Maintain records of Lock-out/Tag-out. MSDS logs and safety checklist.
- Maintain and monitor detailed records of servicing and repair performed on each piece of equipment (PM Logs) in the DC.
- Initiates and processes daily work orders.
- Makes routine and emergency purchases as authorized.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair all motorized, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems on all the material handling equipment in the DC.
- Monitor outside visitors, vendors and contractors working on HVAC custodial, building and material handling equipment installation, repair and service.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; the responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a maintenance technician or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English Language.
- Knowledge in electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical systems.
- Should have troubleshooting experience on Automate conveyor and Sorter systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and NEC codes.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, material and equipment of the maintenance mechanic trade including welding, plumbing and machine shop fabrication abilities essential to being successful.
- Forklift repair a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and company rules; Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and procedure manuals; Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, area, circumference and volumes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and MS logic programs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move and push and pull up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color and distant vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be flexible to work first or second shift and overtime and weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather condition; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Pacific Sunwear of California (PacSun) knows that teens aspire to the "swag" of the board sports world. The company operates...