Actuant Corporation is a $1.7B diversified industrial company with operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are market Leaders in branded hydraulic and electrical tools & supplies, umbilical, rope and cable solutions, as well as highly engineered position motion control systems. Actuant business operations are divided into four segments focused on the niche markets we serve: Industrial, Energy, Electrical and Engineered Solutions. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU.
Actuant Corporation is adding an IT Support Desk Intern to their team in Menomonee Falls, WI. This position will be reporting to the IT Support Desk Team Leader Monday-Friday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM , and significantly contributes to Actuant Corporation corporate functions and all of the Actuant Corporation subsidiaries across the globe.
The IT Service Desk Intern is responsible for performing all IT Service Desk operations which interface with end users of IT systems from Actuant and its subsidiaries. These operations include answering the IT Service Desk phone, recording problems/requests, providing Level-1 technical support for troubleshooting and resolving open issues, forwarding Level-2 and higher issues to the proper IT resources for resolution, and following up with both end-users and IT personnel on project status. The IT Service Desk Intern will be responsible for the initial reception, triage, and documentation of all Actuant IT issues being logged via the Actuant IT Service Desk. It is expected that a successful Intern will be able to create a superior customer service environment, while also being able to diagnose and resolve most issues on the initial customer contact. This position will be required to spend a significant amount of time working on queued IT requests in support of our global IT Service Desk team. This position will also assess the severity of problems related to business impact and determine appropriate course of action required for each problem. This position must develop and maintain good working relationships, resolve problems, and positively influence others in order to successfully produce customer satisfaction. This position is the key liaison for the business users to report and get resolution for IT technologies provided and supported by the Corporate IT Department.
IT Service Desk Phone Support:
- Answer the calls coming to the IT Service Desk station
- Gather pertinent information about problems/requests
- Enter the incident into IT Service Desk Software System
- Strive to resolve a majority of issues over the phone
- Update the IT Service Desk knowledge base to support efficient and effective resolution of frequently raised IT issues
- Escalate open tickets to proper IT Staff for problem resolution
- Follow up with end-users and IT Staff on status
- Provide frequent communications between the end-users and the IT Technology systems staff members
- Maintenance and support for the phone system and voicemail system
- New orders and support for cell phones
- Network, email, vendor management, print queue management, business systems
IT Service Desk Development:
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest company technology to provide support
- Assist in creating new procedures
- Increase communication of Information Technology's activities and procedures
- Increase first call telephone resolution through standard documentation
- Continuous improvement of communications and IT Service Desk programs
- Maintain all IT documentation Including the IT library and supplemental information
- Work towards best practices and contribute to the “follow-the-sun” Global IT support vision
- Hardware installation, maintenance and support.
- Software installation, maintenance and support.
- Network maintenance and support.
- Ensure effective communication between the Service Desk and appropriate system support teams within the rest of the IT organization, including status reports of projects and/or systems issues
- Strong Customer Service experience
- Strongly biased towards timely issue resolution for the end-users
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills which are geared towards exceptional customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to identify, research, and resolve IT level-1 issues in a timely manner, and quickly escalate non-resolvable issues to the appropriate IT team
- Technical proficiency in areas relating to computer hardware, computer operating systems and desktop applications
- Experience in PC imaging, and software installations is a definite plus
- Commitment to ongoing training and new system implementation
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks successfully
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex communication situations with the end users independently
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and administration
- Ability to make contacts with other departments, requiring tact and judgment to ensure effective support
- Superb customer service skills
- Progress toward a Degree or Trade School Certificate, in Information Technology or equivalent is desired
- 1+ years IT-related job experience desired, equivalent education may be substituted
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and hands on working knowledge of the PC environment hardware and software is a requirement
- Must have the ability to work closely with both end-users and IT staff in providing solutions to system problems
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and communication skills, as well as have good public relations skills
- Must have commitment to ongoing education and development of self and others
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and electronically with team members and customers
- Must be able to hear/understand/speak with team members at all levels within a diverse workforce
- Must be able to work in front of a personal computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift documents/work materials up to 50 pounds in weight, and transport them between buildings on campus
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Actuant will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Actuant Corporation - 10 months ago
- 30 days ago
Technical Support Intern
Robert W. Baird
Robert W. Baird
- 30+ days ago
Elite Human Capital Group
Elite Human Capital Group
- 18 days ago
A diversified industrial company, Actuant makes electrical and industrial devices, such as wire connectors, switches, transformers, and...