Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Program Management & Acquisition Support
The Logistics Business Unit has over 1000 employees and supports all branches of the Department of Defense. We provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications. Our services are provided at customer sites and company sites throughout the United States as well as Southeast and Southwest Asia and we help our clients acquire new weapon systems and information technology capabilities to improve and sustain our nation’s defense.
Our Fairborn based Logistics team needs passionate people who care about the services they deliver to our customer; the United States Air Force. People who want to make a difference. We have an immediate opportunity, dependent upon contract award, for a Senior Propulsion Engineer located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Apply knowledge of and expertise in DoD, AF and common engineering and scientific principles, criteria, and procedures to improve planned and existing AF and joint service weapon system manufacture, operations, re-manufacture and de-militarization operations and oversight. Assists in translating user requirements into system requirements which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate systems, subsystem, and equipment for deployment. Assists with the development of requirements and technology needs into action plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world class manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing and de-militarization weapon system capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs technical/ mission analyses of existing and potential operational requirements, assists in developing system concepts, and perform technological/trade-off study assessments of proposed designs.
• Develops and reviews the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements).
• Assists with developmental planning support in evaluation of the military mission to be accomplished and related requirements documentation; define the set of military missions to be performed and the circumstances under which the mission will be performed.
• Reviews and analyzes proposals, including regulatory and other policy driver changes, or proposed modifications for design feasibility and system compatibility. Review specifications, including system, system segment, and equipment specifications, and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) involved in programs.
• Supports and conducts engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical and schedule risk assessment, and scheduling trade-off studies.
• Support and conduct systems analyses to include, but not be limited to, system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
• Supports the development and evaluation of Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and, Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
• Evaluates systems test plans (such as systems test plans/test and evaluation master plans); and participate in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• Support weapons systems life cycle including but not limited to analysis of alternatives, creation of investment strategies, manufacturing, support, and end-of-life processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in professional engineering (preferred to be from an American Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)-accredited [www.abet.org] educational program) in the applicable engineering discipline area, no credit given for experience.
• ABET Certification may be required
• 10 years engineering experience in the required task area of which 5 years shall be in the DoD environment.
• Have propulsion experience
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
Employment Type: Full time
Serco , Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...