Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
At Conifer Health Solutions, we offer the strength and stability of a Fortune 500 company, with the ingenuity and energy of a healthcare independent. We are a healthcare solutions company born from the healthcare industry, with an intrinsic understanding of hospital operations and the needs of patients & personnel. We take care of hospital business, so hospitals can focus on caring for patients. We take a unique approach that delivers operational excellence and reliability while preserving decency, dignity, respect and good will. A growth company in a growth industry, we're broadening the scope of our clients' horizons. Ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to a company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with the benefits and leadership to take your career to the next step. Our team members enjoy great benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and more!) and an environment that invests in development and growth.
Conifer Health Solutions is seeking a Patient Advocate to work onsite at our client facility Portneuf Medical Center
Responsible for screening self-pay patients at hospital bedside for eligibility in various governmental and non-governmental programs. Responsible for identifying all sources of potential payors including auto insurance, Workers' Compensation, commercial insurance, private insurance, TPL, etc. to route account appropriately in the Patient Accounting environment. Also responsible for obtaining and completing the Confidential Financial Statement form and assisting patients in the process of applying for any benefits for which they may be eligible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on account while in-house and during the Patient accounting cycle.
- Performs financial clearance function including collections. Cancels accounts that have not had any patient cooperation and are not eligible for any programs and prepares accounts for Financial Assistance review.
- Follows up on MECS assigned accounts to ensure follow-through on Government application submitted. Develops a working relationship with patients, based on good communication skills, enabling accounts to be processed quickly with government program eligibility.
- Conducts field visits to patient homes for skip tracing and or assisting patient with documents.
- Notifies hospital case management, social services and admissions staff of case screening determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communication.
238-Conifer - Anaheim - CA
8 Hour Day
Shift begin time
Shift end time
- 2 years ago - save job
Conifer Health Solutions connects consumers, providers and those who bear risk to help ensure quality clinical and financial outcomes....