Per Diem Nursing Pool.
The inpatient Per Diem Nursing Pool at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics originated over 20 years ago and embodies 30 to 40 RNs who participate in a variety of flexible scheduling options designed to fit their lifestyle needs. The Per Diem Pool offers each RN the ability to select from a range of medical, surgical, critical care and pediatric units to work on that will best suit their interest, skill set, and knowledge base. The Per Diem RN is a valued member of the department of nursing who skillfully serves and supports the inpatient unit needs on a prn basis, or to temporarily fill longer range nursing unit vacancies or Leave of absences.
1. BSN preferred.
1. Relevant clinical experience required.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin required.
2. CPR certification required.
3. PALS required.
Phyiscal Requirements: Medium- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Based on needs of the Department of Nursing. Work hours are not guaranteed. Per Diem or Agency RN staffs require flexibility in work hour availability; prearranged shifts may be canceled. Changes to prearranged shifts can be frequently required. May include 8/12-hour shifts. Shift rotation and every other weekend requirements are expected in accordance with the Per Diem program guidelines.
Contact Katina Kaufman for more information at KKaufman@uwhealth.org or at 608-263-0944.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.