Red Hat is adding a Technical Account Manager to support enterprise customers in Chicagoland -- the Technical Account Management service is a premium support offering with a mission to build, maintain and grow long-lasting customer loyalty.
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an experienced and highly skilled support engineer who cultivates high-value relationships with clients by understanding their IT infrastructures, internal processes and business needs and providing personalized, proactive support and guidance. A TAM tailors support for a customer's environment, facilitates collaboration with their other vendors advocates on their behalf by working closely with Red Hat's engineering R&D, product management and global support organizations to debug, test and resolve escalated issues.
Red Hat's office is located in the West Loop; however, candidates that reside in the Greater Chicago area that prefer to work from home will absolutely be considered.
Primary job responsibilities
• Perform technical reviews and provide knowledge sharing to proactively identify and prevent issues
• Gain understanding of customer's technical infrastructure/environment, hardware and/or products
• Perform initial or secondary investigation and respond to online and phone support requests
• Provide advice and guidance to customers about their current and future Red Hat products
• Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
• Serve as the customer advocate within Red Hat
• Travel, as necessary, to visit customers
• Prior experience in a support, development, engineering or quality assurance organization
• 5+ years Linux/Unix system administration experience
• Capacity for manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high degree of detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
• Capacity for managing and growing existing Enterprise customer relationships by delivering proactive, relationship-based support
• Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to convey complex information to customers clearly and concisely
• Deep technical knowledge of the Linux kernel & Linux filesystem
• Hands-on experience with a variety of hardware vendors
• Experience with enterprise applications like SAP, Veritas, SAS
• Some experience with clustering technology preferred
• BS degree in a technology-related discipline - Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
• A Red Hat Certified Engineer is preferred
Linux, Support, Customers, System Administration, Enterprise
Red Hat, Inc. - 2 years ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...