Prepares all meals and special diets for patients, guests and staff as outlined by Nutrition Services Director and Dietitian in accordance with all federal, state and local regulatory services and hospital policies and procedures. Performs charge duties as assigned to assure acute administrative duties are maintained in the absence of the Department Manager. Utilizes safe food handling procedures in preparing items for patient trays and the preparation of the salad bar, and serving meals in the dining room. Is responsible for providing appropriate foods to patients within their modified/therapeutic diet needs and within proper portion control. Follows the guidelines described in the Code of Conduct Ethics and Compliance Program. 1. Prefer High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Prefer training in nutrition services with one-year experience as a Dietary Aide or completion of the Certified Dietary Aide course.
3. Complete the Charge Position Orientation Checklist within the first three shifts.
4. Able to meet the stresses and demands of the position as listed in the working conditions section.
5. Able to communicate and comprehend accurately and effectively in written and spoken English.
6. Basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, divide, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
7. A commitment to being a hospital team member with service being foremost in responsibilities.|