KPCI (www.kpci.net) has an exciting job opening with a new client for an Information Technology Portfolio Manager. The candidate will also have the opportunity to leverage and build on their skills across the full spectrum of CIO support activities including project management, business process improvement, and solutions architecture. Salary to $110K based on experience.
The ideal candidate will have proven, direct expertise and experience in successfully managing an organizations Information Technology (IT) projects, IT resources, and IT investments in an effort to maximize resources, minimize costs, deliver on objectives, reduce redundancy and enable better decision making. The candidate will have a proven understanding and experience in performing the portfolio management function within the US federal government including knowledge of OMB and Federal CIO requirements, Capital Planning and Investment Control policies, and federal IT Governance. We are looking for highly motivated, self starters who have the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
The job requires US Citizenship, a Security Clearance, and ability to meet background check requirements (i.e. no drugs, financial problems, or criminal activity)
Skills and Abilities
- Create a baseline inventory of investments and related information
- Classify portfolio investments into different domains and/or functional areas
- Perform a portfolio evaluation or review on a regular basis
- Support the investment selection and resource re-allocation process
- Ensure that the portfolio is properly balanced to support the client mission
- Measure the Return on Investment (ROI) of investments
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to present and discuss issues with senior managers.
- Assist in developing IT Planning processes using appropriate best practices in cost estimation and budget formulation methodologies in order to develop annual IT budget submissions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with business units in order to continually improve future IT budget formulation submissions, as well as report on actual budget execution figures.
- Facilitate periodic portfolio / investment reviews and provide consulting on strategies to ensure proper balance and alignment of portfolio.
- Prepare and support submission of OMB exhibits including Component 53, OMB 300’s, and Circular A11 Compliance Support. Support additional ad-hoc data calls related to IT management.
- Facilitate periodic and ad-hoc governance processes and activities including portfolio reviews, investment board activities, as well as gathering data from customer sources and formatting the data to IT governance process specifications.
- Assist in responding to data calls and develop program management requirements, as appropriate. Track data calls and ensure timeliness of responses. Assess data calls regarding applicable legislative, executive order, and regulatory developments for potential impact and changes to client capital planning policies.
- Provide technical expertise and support to assist with the capital planning and investment control and ensure compliance with OMB requirements.
- Support the review of business cases, alternatives analysis, and Exhibit 300(s) and provide written reports of these analyses as required.
- BS/BA in computer science, information services, management, or related field Recognized certification in Project Management.
- Security Clearance Required (or eligible)
- Four years of federal portfolio management experience. Includes work in IT planning, investment reviews, OMB documentation, and asset management.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze processes and develop integrated, innovative IT solutions.
- Expert ability to communicate in writing and orally with IT and business executives, managers, and end-users.
Indeed - 17 months ago