Systems Administrator - Linux RedHat (TS/SCI CI POLY Clearance)
Hewlett Packard has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a
Linux RedHat Systems Administrator
Virginia - Chantilly
Provides specialized analysis to clearly defined problem statements, identify options, and recommend courses of action under the direction of a project manager. The Technology Consultant provides information systems development and planning for changes that have many intricacies or widespread ramifications in the planning, design, and implementation of a customer solution.
Level of Expertise
Typically five to seven years of professional experience including three to five years in the design, development, and implementation of IT (Information Technology) solutions in related technical areas. Possesses specialized industry-specific expertise in computer technologies such as user interfaces, or transaction processing.
Works as a team member under general supervision on assigned segments of small-sized engagements, or elements of medium-sized projects/programs:
• Provides close technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment
• Advises on solution and integration opportunities of applications on IT to defined segments
• Provides leadership on solution and integration activities that constitute part of an engagement
• Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment
• Provides Systems Administration for Linux productions servers
• Scripting in PERL , BASH or other shell scripting languages
• Assist in deployment of server fixes or approved changes
HP is the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. We bring the advantages of our scale, the breadth and depth of our portfolio, our innovation, and our competitiveness to our customers every day and in almost every country in the world. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
HP Enterprise Services’ U.S. Public Sector Consulting organization helps clients transform and manage their IT environments to accelerate outcomes. Our goal is to be the provider of choice for IT consulting services in the U.S. Public Sector marketplace. The HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting services portfolio includes offerings in the following areas:
• Enterprise Service Management
• IT Transformation, Strategy, and Program/Project Management
• Data Center Transformation and Cloud Computing
• Systems Integration
• Applications Services
• Information Management and Analytics
• Cyber Security
• Infrastructure disciplines
This is an exciting time to join HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting! We are experiencing year-over-year growth, outpacing our market. Our consultants are engaged in projects at client sites in the Washington DC area and across the U.S. for a wide variety of Federal accounts. They’re working with, and learning from, the best and brightest minds in the industry, and expanding their knowledge, skills, and abilities through HP training resources and from practical application on our ongoing projects.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI CI POLY Clearance
Location: Virginia - Chantilly
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree (+/-16 years)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Red Hat Linux (system administration, some scripting, security) – 5 years
2. LDAP concepts – 2-3 years
3. PKI & SSL concepts – 2-3 years
4. VMware & virtualization concepts – 2-3 years
Jun 20, 2013
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...