Responsible for coordination of the grade recording and reporting process. Ensure accuracy of academic record data; identify and correct inconsistencies and inaccuracies. Research and resolve grade problems and concerns. Provide exemplary customer service through prompt and effective handling of questions regarding grading processes, policies and academic records.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
*1. Research and resolve discrepancies on student transcripts, utilizing the student information system, imaged documents and available reporting tools.
*2. Analyze official transcripts, final grade reports and internal reports related to student academic records for accuracy.
*3. Troubleshoot student system issues, identifying programming problems. Through the submission of problem reports and system testing, resolve issues with the assistance of Information Technology staff.
*4. Build academic history from historical transcripts, research and determine course articulations.
*5. Determine appropriate grade changes and tuition refunds as a member of the Medical Withdrawal Committee.
6. Manually update student academic records for grade changes received from instructors and appeal committees. Coordinate grade changes and late withdrawals for Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment programs with the Office of High School Partnerships.
*7. Research and resolve student claims of academic discrepancies.
8. Communicate grading policies and procedures to faculty, students and other stakeholders.
9. Provide training and assistance to faculty with midterm verification and final grading, including the troubleshooting of computer issues experienced by faculty.
*10. Document and track outstanding midterm verification and final grades, communicating this information directly to Associate Deans and faculty.
11. Facilitate the Academic Regulations Committee appeal process between students, faculty and committee members.
12. Process Forgiveness for failing grades in accordance with established policy.
*13. Calculate academic standing for enrolled students each semester and for previous semesters with finalized incomplete grades.
14. Research and resolve Academic Standing errors, including concerns from students and advisors and work with IT staff to modify standing rules as appropriate.
15. Process and record disciplinary suspension, explusion and reinstatement as directed by the Dean of Student Affairs.
16. Verify Phi Theta Kappa honor society membership eligibility. Verify continued eligibility and post designation on official transcripts.
17. Post transcript notations for honors designations and study abroad courses.
18. Issue official Final Grade reports.
19. Maintain Satisfactory/Fail and Incomplete Grade contracts, ensuring that student academic records are coded properly.
20. Coordinate the process for imaging archival files. Verify accuracy of imaged documents.
21. Assist students and faculty with all grading needs in person, by e-mail and phone.
22. Carry out administrative functions for Coordinator of Student Records.
23. Assist with researching and responding to subpoenas.
24. Assist with FERPA release and restrictions, ensuring students are fully aware of their rights and the ramifications of their security choices.
25. Assist with issuing official transcripts.
26. Assist with issuing Letters of Recommendation.
27. Assist Campus Central as needed.
28. Requires a commitment to providing exemplary customer service.
29. Other related duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Coordinator of Student Records.
Exercised by Employee:
Two (2) years' of College education.
Associate degree with coursework in Office Technology.
Two (2) to three (3) years' work experience dealing with diverse populations and in a position requiring significant attention to detail and heavy public contact.
Two (2) to three (3) years' experience working in an academic environment.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
PC, multi-line telephone, calculator, printer, fax machine, copy machine, imaged document scanner and micro-fiche reader.
General office environment.