Greet, screen and direct visitors, clients and staff to the Center. Monitor security access to the building through entrances via security cameras, pick-up cards, staff ID verification and visitor sign-in roster. Receive and direct incoming calls. Operate two-way radio, as needed. Announce emergency notices. Follow Center policies and procedures, as outlined in Front Desk / Security Manual. Provide general clerical support to program services, upon request.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operate the Communications Center, including telephone, two-way radios and voicemail. Direct incoming calls, respond to general inquiries, relay messages and announce emergencies. Prioritize important messages.
2. Greet and direct clients and visitors. Maintain courtesy, respect and the confidential nature of services to clients. Monitor public access to all entrances to the building. Utilize cameras and access system to monitor all entrances to the Center. Verify clients’ pick-up cards. Check identification and register all visitors. Issue visitor badges and contact departments to escort visitors to appropriate destinations.
3. Refer any inquiries regarding children enrolled in childcare to Admin-Services or Section Supervisors.
4. Accept and record packages and deliveries; notify addressee of delivery.
5. Provide general clerical support for Front Desk, Center programs and Administrative Services, when needed.
6. Execute all Center policies and procedures regarding emergencies.
7. Maintain all Center vehicle keys, trip tickets and vehicle log.
8. Assist supervisor with daily event calendar and school age bus schedule calendar.
9. Maintain clear, concise, timely communication with all program and support staff. Relays appropriate, factual client information and messages to proper staff, maintaining confidentiality.
10. Act with integrity and aspire to model the core values in the delivery of all services.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
High School Graduate with basic Microsoft Office computer experience. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related position.
Possess communication skills to be able to interact with a diverse client population. Must respect confidentiality requirements. Ability to coordinate details, organize procedures and prioritize. Must be reliable, prompt, and attentive in situations of multiple or simultaneous interruptions. Ability to facilitate communications using telephone systems.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently.