The responsibilities include working as a domain expert in diverse strategic complex Enterprise initiatives. This involves in-depth knowledge of the business processes involving Network, Provisioning systems. The position will need strong partnership with business counterpart to evaluate business need. The responsibilities include building a strong business / end to end flow ownership among the certification team. The position will require successful partnership with development teams, E2E/IST and other System Test organizations, project PMs to collaborate and communicate issues/risks to make the certification process visible, effective and on-time. The position will require ability to transform functional, business and system knowledge into effective test case planning and execution. Work with development organization to resolve issues on a timely manner. Maintain & Develop custom scripts for automation using automation testing tool. Prepare daily status reports with Progression and Regression results including issues, if any. Strong analytical skill and ability to solve complex business problems will be required.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6 - 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or Software Development.
- 6+ years' experience working in Telecom domain a MUST. Had contributed in one or multiple Verizon Flagship / strategic product offerings. Had deep understanding of business processes in Provisioning/activation.
- Possess understanding & visibility into end to end product offering and architecture, in VoIP or Layer-1/2/3.
- Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to function in a globally diverse work environment. Had earlier track record of strong partnership with business.
- 5+ years' experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool, preferably HP QC.
- 3+ years' experience in Advanced Automation scripting using Automation testing tool, preferably HP QC.
- Able to understand Business Requirement Document and translate them into effective Test Plan/ Test cases.
- Experience & strong background in networking technology such as Layer 1/ 2/ 3 switches, routers and firewalls. Has natural ability to be detail oriented and to be a problem solver.
- Need ability to provide or evaluate business solution and associated business benefits for a complex business and architectural solution.
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent Engineering Stream.
Back to Search Results
- 3+ years of development experience in any primary language (Java/J2EE, C#).
- 3+ years of development experience in any scripting language (TCL/TK, Awk, sed, VB etc).
- 3+ years of development experience in UNIX/ Linux [Preferably SUN Solaris]or WINDOWS OS. Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
- 6 + years' Experience in Test planning, execution, tracking tools (ex: QC or IPM etc).
- 5+ years' Experience in Test automation tool, preferably QTP.
- Good understanding of OSI communication technology , IPV6, Frame relay.
- Hands on experience with commercial open source test tools/framework is a plus.
- Hands on experience in configuring Network Devices (ex: Juniper, Alcatel, Cisco Layer-2 switches, Routers, ACME SBC etc) is a plus.
Verizon - 23 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...