Position Title: CADD Designer I
Location: Wichita, KS
Designs, coordinates plotting and mapping, and determines fiber node placement requirements for hybrid fiber-coax (HFC) and fiber optic networks. Creates accurate network maps, layouts, drawings and detailed electronic construction prints. Develops and maintains network specification files. Performs cost analysis for trenching, sweeping, node splits and upgrade projects.
1. Prepares high-level bill of materials using mapping software
2. Updates As-Builts as construction is completed and releases the area.
3. Creates accurate network maps and detailed electronic construction prints.
4. Prepares layouts, drawings, and designs according to engineering specifications using applicable design software.
5. Demonstrates basic ability and clear understanding of Radio Frequency and Power design.
6. Provides ongoing support to other departments as needed in the effective use of all peripheral applications.
7. Makes design decisions regarding construction and safety methods according to appropriate Cox, FCC, OSHA, NEC, NESC, VDOT, BOCA, Land Use Manual, and local, state and federal regulations and procedures and may be responsible for creation of CAD permitting for state agencies.
8. May perform quality checks of mapping and network design and negotiate/approve design and/or construction changes.
9. May estimate material and labor costs for special projects for fiber and coax up to the patch panel or customer premise.
10. May be responsible for fiber availability and ring capacity checks and determination of reinforcement requirements.
11. May coordinate project planning and site surveys with sales personnel, utility companies, commercial building engineers, contractors, utility locators, state and county representatives and Cox crews as necessary to include designing service to new and existing residential properties and commercial facilities.
HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Cox Communications values employees as our most important resource. We invest in the success of employees and their families by offering a variety of benefits programs. A few selected benefits include:
YourWealth: 401K plan and pension plan
YourCareer: mentoring and training opportunities
About the Company
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and wireless services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves more than 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for five years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and the company holds a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. Cox is an equal opportunity employer. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
How To Apply
Cox Communications - 2 years ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...