To establish Portfolio and Project Management methodologies and delivery process for the Corporate Application team (internal IT) including performance metrics. Provide governance ensuring project teams adhere to defined processes and measure performance of the teams based on defined KPIs. Manage work estimation, work scheduling, capacity planning, the project tollgate process, portfolio status and performance reporting cross functionally for the Corporate Application team. Liaise between the Application PMO and Enterprise PMO ensuring alignment to corporate standards.
Bring structure and discipline to the business of running the Corporate Applications team by establishing and managing business routines focused on financial and operational reviews, vendor agreements, sourcing, payables, funding requests, business cases, and operational improvement activities.
- Define Portfolio Management processes ensuring predictable, scheduled delivery of work within capacity
- Define Project Management processes ensuring quality of delivery
- Define KPIs to assess the performance of teams executing the Portfolio and Project Management processes
- Work with Application team leaders to ensure understanding and buy in to the Portfolio and Project Management processes
- Work with the Enterprise PMO to ensure Application team processes fall in line with overall Corporate standards
- Establish management routines to facilitate execution of the portfolio and project management processes
- Provide governance through the inspection of adherence to the process and performance of the teams
- Act as a “home room” for project management resources ensuring they know processes and standards including onboarding of new resources
- Prepare material for monthly and quarterly portfolio and project status reporting
- Prepare material for monthly operational health reporting
- Manage the long range planning process and annual planning process
- Administer tools used for project and portfolio management, create templates for deliverables
- Track and manage timing and completion of business support activities
- Manage personnel activities (i.e. hire, fire, train, coach, appraise, reward, motivate, discipline, etc.).
- Oversee performance management system and pay program administration
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and influence capabilities
- Deep understanding of Portfolio and Project management processes and best practices at an industry level
- Experience with traditional waterfall and agile implementation methodologies
- Documented experience working in a structured IT environment
- Documented experience working in a processed based environment
- Strong technology orientation to credibly interaction with technology delivery teams
- Solid understanding of Financial process (Finance background desired)
- Ability to operate at an executive level
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Travel 25% to 30% of the year
- Experience using an PPM tool such as Clarity or HP PPM
- MS Office skills especially power point, excel, project, visio
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology or business-related field
- MBA or equivalent experience desirable
- Seven to Ten years of previous project management, program management and/or consulting experience
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED
- Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt Certification a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv - 13 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks,...