To provide optimal patient care according to current nursing standards. The MST RN is accountable to the Acute Care Manager and House Supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Current Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
3. Current ACLS Certification.
4. Current BLS Certification.
5. Capable both physically and mentally for:
a. Close work with patients, their families, nursing staff and medical staff.
b. Demands of walking and standing most of duty time as well as lifting of patients while caring for their needs.
6. Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Rendering professional nursing care and support within hospital policies for MST patients.
2. Nursing judgments and decisions encountered in the course of providing total patient care.
3. Supervision of nurses aids and observation of support staff working with patients.
4. Acts of liaison between patient, care staff and physician.
5. Participates in quality assurance activities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Continual implementation of excellent care that assures rapid and optimal recovery.
1. Works directly with other departments and medical staff to assure provision of highest standard for total patient care.
2. Patient and family teaching to enhance patients understanding of his needs and potentially accelerate recovery.
3. Liaison activities (e.g., rounds with medical staff) to promote a better understanding between patients, nursing staff and medial staff thus assuring continued quality of communication and care.
4. Meeting individual need through administration and maintenance of comfort, treatment, medication, intravenous infusion and health care.
5. Accurate documentation, reporting and in-depth nursing observation to assure continuity of total patient care.
6. Thorough evaluation of the patient during admission, hospital stay and through discharge.
7. Working knowledge of hospital-wide Order Entry.
1. Knowledge of and cooperation with personnel policies regarding the staff nurse position.
2. Provide moral support to nursing staff, co-workers and medical staff.
3. Possesses the following qualities: flexibility with scheduling systems; positive attitudes; easy adjustment to work load increase and demands; maintenance of good physical health.
For Staff Development:
1. Actively participates in hospital programs.
2. Each licensed nursing personnel shall have 30 contact hours of continuing education as required by licensure of the State of Nevada. This will be documented and should include workshops outside the facility.
For Fiscal Responsibility:
1. Work within staffing pattern set by the Acute Care Manager and the House Supervisor.
2. Accountable for classifying each patient according to acuity.
For Quality Assurance:
1. Report to supervisor deviations in quality of care as outlined by current nursing standards.
2. Cooperate with quality assurance programs and actively participate in ongoing concurrent Quality Assurance Monitoring.
3. Ability to pass high Efficiency Respirator Fit and Use Program as required by OSHA Vol. 58 No. 195
Boulder City Hospital - 12 months ago