Education, Certification & Licenses:|
analysis, and team building that would be acquired through formal
- This position requires knowledge of retail store operations, data
education or 2-3 years on-the-job application. Equivalent to a
Bachelors degree in business administration.
environment with a minimum of 5 years in store management, district or
- Minimum 7 years related leadership experience in a store
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons
- Organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Presentation skills
- Frequent travel up to 75%
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the
eligibility of employees to work in the US.
The Manager, District is responsible for the implementation of strategic
and tactical operational plans, initiatives, and processes within
assigned district and will ensure execution of corporate strategies
among all assigned stores. This position will establish and enforce
industry leading operational processes to maximize financial performance
to consistently improve results. This position will communicate clear
expectations to district leadership team and store managers to achieve
company objectives effectively.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Analyze and interpret district financial data and implement
strategies that consistently deliver expected results.
2. Educate store managers and validate business acumen skills
through overseeing financial performance, taking action to exploit all
revenue opportunities, control costs, and maximize operating margin.
3. Embrace the corporate customer service, merchandising, and
4. Remain informed of corporate marketing and merchandising plans,
expectations, and timetable to ensure flawless execution in all assigned
5. Maintain awareness of competitive activity within the district
and inform territory leadership of new development that could impact
6. Inspect district and store conditions to validate compliance with
corporate strategies and direct all aspects of the implementation of
programs that will improve the effectiveness of store managers to
deliver expected results.
7. Represent the company and its efforts to support its communities.
8. Develop and cultivate strong working relationship with key
business partners and leverage all internal resources to achieve
company, territory, and district objectives.
9. Clearly articulate the company vision to inspire associates to do
their best work.
10. Ensure that all locations within the district operate in full
compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies
including talent management processes, pre-employment screening process,
and associate file maintenance and compliance.
11. Create an environment that encourages and fosters the development
of all associates.
12. Ensure skilled associates are hired and trained to proficiently
execute corporate strategies, support diversity, and meet EEO
requirements within their location.
13. Develop workforce-planning strategies within the district to
fulfill current and future staffing needs.
14. Ensure direct reports understand their roles and responsibilities
by providing consistent, clear, concise, and executable feedback to
15. Identify deficiencies in execution and initiate immediate action
to correct and take advantage of opportunities for improvement.
16. Coach store managers to deliver an outstanding and consistent
customer experience in compliance with the company strategies.
17. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
18. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
OfficeMax - 12 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...