Quality Assurance Analyst 2
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance).
Our Default Servicing Team: Respectfully engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
- Responsible for evaluating, monitoring, assessing and/or reviewing programs, processes, claims, documentation and/or files to ensure compliance with internal company requirements and/or agency or government regulations
- Functions may include evaluating processes to ensure business standards are followed, providing guidance to lenders and other staff regarding documentation and underwriting requirements, RESPA and Reg Z requirements or evaluating in process, closed cancelled and denied credit applications, insurance claims, accounts, files, systems and/or processes to ensure company standards are met
- Ensures corrective action on exceptions and problems identified, required data is input and proper procedures were followed
- Ensures identified risks and/or problems are clearly documented and interacts with appropriate parties for timely resolution
- Performs on going reviews, audits and generates reports summarizing results
- Identifies risks and problem areas and recommends standards, policies and procedures to correct deficiencies and improve performance
- May design and conduct training programs
2+ years experience in one or more of the following: quality assurance; operations; loan documentation; loan servicing; or underwriting.
- Self motivated, enjoy working with compliance driven deadlines
- Strong data input and mathematical skills
- Knowledgeable in investor/insurer guidelines as it relates to completing assumptions and reviewing loan documentation
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment as a member of a fast paced team
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to set goals, manage interruptions and stay on task
**This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Real Estate Industry background
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets....