Storage Sales Specialist (AE) - Salt Lake City, UT
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Storage Sales Specialist (AE) to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Dell Storage Account Executive is a quota carrying, technical sales resource focused on driving the sale of Dell data center solutions with specific focus on EqualLogic, Compellent, Powervault, and Force 10. This person will work with first line sales teams to drive comprehensive Dell data center solutions based on a thorough understanding of both short and long term customer requirements. As an integral part of the Dell sales team they are responsible for providing subject matter expertise to both customers and the sales teams to ensure that all requirements and objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of sales strategies, thoughtful discovery of customer requirements and subsequent solution proposal development, delivery of product presentations, product demonstrations, and customer focused seminars.
- Meet and exceed revenue and margin goals for the assigned lines of business.
- Responsible for ownership of an opportunity throughout the sales cycle, leading the engagement of other subject matter experts, general account executives and resources as needed.
- As the field lead for the assigned territory, this role is also responsible for the overall ownership of the go-to marketing strategy for the territory.
- Lead extended sales team to develop territory and opportunity specific sales strategies based on technology and market trends as well as competitor’s trends.
- Ability to articulate Dell’s value proposition and maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively position Dell’s solutions and how Dell’s Solutions differ from the leading enterprise & data center competitors.
- Engage on business level discussions around solving data center challenges and customer pain points across the customer’s environment.
- Cultivate relationships at the executive level, as well as build and broaden brand loyalty at the mid and lower levels of the Enterprise.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a virtual team member and collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in your approach to building a sustainable business.
- Excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills.
- 5-10 years’ experience in selling data center solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data center challenges including but not limited to virtualization, storage, application workload management, and IT simplification/consolidation, server hardware.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- Strong knowledge of the reseller channel partners within the territory.
- BA/BS or post graduate degree from accredited college or university in a related field of study.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...