Consumer Loan Underwriter 3
This position is located in the Correspondent Lending division of Wells Fargo Funding. This role will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include:
May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager
- Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. debt ratios, loan-to-value)
- Examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing formal reports for review
- Ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines
- Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews
- Assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines
- Contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision
4+ years underwriting experience.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
To be considered you must have:
- 4 or more years mortgage underwriting experience with a minimum of a 3C underwriting authority
- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, as well as investor guidelines and regulatory updates including knowledge of FNMA, and FMLMC guidelines and standards
- Familiarity with LP and DU underwriting
- Familiarity with review and understanding of complex tax documentation
- Experience in Appraisal Review
- Proactive and timely communication skills with customers and business partners on loan decisions and underwriting guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possessing a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with clients and co-workers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a flexible and production oriented environment
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...