Are you Covidien?
As a global, $11+ billion healthcare products leader, we deliver outstanding results and innovative solutions for challenging problems. Through progressive thinking and cutting-edge technologies, Covidien is well positioned to lead the way in today’s rapidly changing healthcare industry. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
At Covidien, we strive to fully understand our marketplace, customers, communities and employees, and we enter into relationships with a sense of honesty, fairness and trust.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Do you like to solve problems? Can you adapt to changing conditions? Have the experience to blend the latest technologies with financial processes? Covidien is seeking a mid to senior level programmer/developer that will develop and support a variety of financial based systems and processes. This candidate will work closely with many other groups around the world to the benefit of Covidien. Current and past projects include implementing a global Treasury Management System, developing datamart for consolidated financial information, configuring ERP processes for taxation, and building a fraud detection application.
Analyzes business needs and detailed system components, identifies, communicates, and resolves systems issues in support of core system functions. Performs systems analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and implementation for application systems development software initiatives driven by business needs. Develops and enhances computer applications to support the implementation of difficult to complex business requirements. Performs specific assignments as part of a project team or works independently on small to medium-sized enhancements and production support assignments. May perform technical project management. Establishes and/or maintains working relationships with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues. Provides support in a matrix-management fashion to other areas as needed. Rotational 24x7 support required. 0-25% Domestic and international travel.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years IT programming experience
- Solid understanding of IT Technical Architecture, and strong knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of large-scale, multi-processing computer systems.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) that interact with batch and web applications.
- Familiar with object oriented design principles and programming
- In depth technical expertise in multiple platforms (i.e., UNIX, Windows/Intel, Linux); multiple database technologies, (e.g., Oracle 11G, SQL Server 2008r2,); multiple programming languages, (i.e., C#, VB.Net, ASP, PL/SQL, Java); and multiple batch operating environments (i.e., Unix/Shell Scripting, Windows).
- Solid Communication Skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to establish and maintain working relationships with both Business and IT partners as part of developing solutions and resolving business issues.
- Solid Customer Service Skills - ability to identify and anticipate customer requirements and needs, and respond to and influence customer expectations.
- In Depth Analytical Skills - ability to gather and analyze information, and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution.
- Programming Skills * In depth knowledge of programming principles, techniques, standards and analytical ability to develop computer programs and systems.
- Project Management Skills * Understanding of project life cycle methodologies, estimating, and IT best practices with experience managing and implementing small to medium size projects.
- Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects, and function in a flexible matrix-management environment.
- In depth understanding of industry standard desktop software (e.g., Windows, Office, email, SharePoint, etc).
- Bachelor*s degree in computer information or related field.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of business processes and systems.
- Experience integrating 3rd party software.
- MCSD or ORACLE Developer Certification.
- PMI (Project Management Institute) Certification
- Experience in Corporate Finance, Treasury, or Tax processes and systems
Covidien - 2 years ago
As a global healthcare leader, we drive advances in medical devices and medical supplies. Thanks to our scale, scope and pioneering spirit,...