Patients’ lives are positively impacted by the Pharmacy Technician II providing high quality services. This position measures
medications, maintains patient records, and utitlizes administrative and clinical knowledge to assist Pharmacists as they provide
medication and other health care products to patients. Under direct supervision of a registered Pharmacist, the
Pharmacy Technician II performs those duties deemed acceptable by the State Board of Pharmacy. Assists in the
preparation of I.V. medications in the clean room as well as the proper care and cleaning of the clean room.
NATURE AND SCOPE
1. Supports CHS/CHI NHC/AmeriMed’s mission, values, strategic goals and high standards of customer service.
Consistently lives People First Behaviors.
2. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program, including confidentiality HIPAA protected health information.
3. Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, prepares the prescription for filling: checks the compounding record,
gathers the necessary pharmaceuticals, stages the prescription and products for the pharmacist to check, and
compounds the prescription under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
4. Follows all AmeriMed’s policies and procedures.
5. Maintains all related compounding records, prescription logs, delivery manifests and any other related files as
determined by the Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist in charge.
6. Cleans the compounding area per policy and procedure.
7. Maintains any pharmacy related equipment and documents appropriately.
8. Performs any related aseptic validation testing procedures and maintains a record of those results. Maintains
the quality control logs/notebook.
9. Performs daily temperature checks on refrigerators, freezer and drug storage areas and documents
10. Cleans and calibrates compounding equipment per manufacturer’s guidelines and policy and procedures.
11. Assist with quarterly inventory as needed.
12. Assists with biohazard waste disposal in accordance with EPA, OSHA and state guidelines.
13. Assists with the orientation and training of pharmacy/AmeriMed personnel.
14. Participates in branch quality assurance program.
15. Participates in on-call rotation.
16. Participates in pharmacy team meetings.
17. Communicates concerns, questions and complaints or problems reported from patients/caregivers to
18. Performs all dutiens of an Amerimed Pharmacy Technician I.
19. All other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
3. Two years Pharmacy Technician experience IV compounding.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
5. Excellent math skills.
6. Working knowledge of medical technology.
7. Excellent data entry and computer skills.
8. Ability to function well as part of team.
9. Availability for full-time, regular day time hours and ability to work some on-call hours.