Talent Management Specialist (HR) for Federal positions (Job Number: 322193)
SAIC has a career opportunity for a Talent Management Specialist (HR) for Federal positions located in Washington DC. MUST have federal/civilian government agency experience in classification. The candidate chosen for this position will be a full time employee of SAIC with full benefits.
The candidate shall provide staffing and classification support involving a wide variety of positions and personnel actions with management advisory services related to issues or problems in a specific program area. The candidates’ activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provides advisory services on recruitment and placement actions. Advises management on internal and external recruitment strategies, sources of applicants, such as the VRA Program, DEU, etc. and special hiring and staffing programs that emphasize affirmative action opportunities to staff positions.
- Provides advice and assistance on related staffing issues such as pay setting; retained grade/pay; transfer of function; RIF; re-promotion rights; merit promotion procedures; special hiring authorities; and student temporary employment programs.
- Assists management in the development of crediting plans to determine knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics necessary for the recruitment and placement of well-qualified candidates in internal or external competitive staffing actions. Assists in developing short- and long-range staffing plans, assesses employee turnover patterns, reviews past recruitment practices, technological changes and local labor market conditions, and provides advice to managers on future staffing strategies.
- Provides position management and classification support, including: assisting managers and supervisors in the application of classification standards and supplemental guidance to determine title, series, and grade; planning and implementing reorganizations such as consolidation or realignment of existing functions; advising on organization/position structures, possible classification changes, position or employee impact and associated actions to assure compliance with requirements prior to implementing new structures; and completing classification and position management surveys as needed to implement reorganizations.
- Provides support for administration of the SEC payroll program. Reviews a variety of documents, inputs data, and resolves problems. Maintains records, provides responses to staff inquires, reconciles conflicting data, ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, and compiles regular and special payroll reports.
The candidate shall have a comprehensive knowledge of position classification and recruitment and placement to advise and assist management in accomplishing their personnel management responsibilities.
The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of federal HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to provide comprehensive HR management advisory/technical services on substantive organizational functions and work practices. Experience with the automated systems Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), USA Staffing, and Department of Interior’s Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS) are preferable.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Business Administration (or related field) and 7+ years related experience. An additional 4 years of federal HR experience/certitfications/education may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.Advanced degree preferred.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 9, 2013, 11:30:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...