Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Business Process Outsourcing
Our business unit provides support in three major areas: business process services, where we perform the actual function that the process is relate to; business process related software, that helps us manage the various components, the systems associated with the software in the process; and then there is a business process management which is used to help design and track the performance of the specific business process. The business units work supports primarily the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of State, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We support our clients with a work force of over 2600 Serco and Serco subcontractor employees and provide mission critical support services that primarily support Immigration, Visa Processing and Commerce.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Program Manager - Patent & Trademark Support Service Operations who will provide daily oversight and responsibility in leading multiple teams conducting mail and file support operations in support of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The Deputy Program Manager will have responsibility for ensuring all work is performed in accordance with customer requirements and meet strict program quality/timeliness requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
Education: A Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Project Management training/certification a plus.
- Responsibility for the daily operations supporting mail and file support services on behalf of the client.
- Providing management and strategic direction to multiple teams supporting mail and file support efforts.
- Responsibility for project development, budget and schedule to ensure both customer and corporate goals are met or exceeded.
- Establishing long range program goals, negotiating with various support functions to establish project commitments in support of planned improvement initiatives.
- Establishing work plans and staffing needed to ensure customer timelines and quality standards are met.
- Representing the company with the customer, subcontractors and other parties as required.
- Directing and coordinating activities of program Task Order Managers, program teams, adjusting priorities and resources as necessary, to ensure the program is within budget.
- Developing and maintaining an open, positive relationship with the customer to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
- Promote an open, positive relationship with all co-located operations and support functions, providing support as needed in a proactive manner.
- During times when he/she may be unavailable, the Deputy Project Manager will be designated to act on the Program Manager’s behalf.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience with patent classification and searching operations.
- Prior project management experience preferred.
- Career path with demonstrated leadership experience and technical acumen, particularly in the development/transition stand-up of new programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading others in supervisory positions.
- A proven track record of driving continuous improvement within an organization.
- Must possess a broad-based knowledge of business processes, to include operations, quality, training, IT and financial management. Experience in mail operations a plus.
- Ability to provide mentoring and guidance to individuals, resulting in improved quality performance.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Strong experience with technical communications/writing.
- Ability to show a high degree of initiative, while working with limited guidance.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a United States citizen to be considered for the position.
Security Clearance: Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. EOE M/F/D/V
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Advanced Career
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...